Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Testing ignition coils off-car

Above shows how to check the internal resistance of the primary windings.
Below shows how to check the internal resistance of the secondary windings.
Testing Ignition coils : I could only get these information of the coils and the primary and secondary spec was not visable and only the number and volatge rating was still on the coils




Using a multimeter I recorded the default error of the multimeter which was 0.1 Ohms and took it out of the readings I got so I could get an accurate reading. I first checked the primary windings and recorded it and then the secondary winding following the diagrams above ... then did the earth leakage test from negative terminal to the body of the coil and the result was OL which shows there is no circuit between earth and the body so no leakage (good). Its very hard to be able to tell if these coils are in good condition as we dont have the manufaturer specifications to compare them with our findings and also to see if they are within the manufaturer specs . I dont think these coils need serviceing.






No comments:

Post a Comment